Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Driving in the dark

Been awhile since I last blogged, and for good reasons too.

The cs3216 final project is picking up really fast. Adding onto my endless assignments and exams which I hardly have time for, the hours on the clock seems to be insufficient. It's so weird that I am spending more time on cs3216 than my biz mods together even though It is not my core.

Our project is doing well so far. We are pretty much on schedule and we have managed to talk to some interesting people including founder of wavehouse sentosa, founder of Brantology, founder of inmeetpro and founder of sgcamerarental. In this groups there are sponsors, event organizers and someone who has experience working with brands. They have given us good insights about how things are currently being done and allow us to translate it to what we are building.

I am pretty excited about what we are building. Of course there is also the element of not knowing whether it will be something people will use. It's kinda like driving in the dark, hopefully we are going in the right direction and eventually we will reach our destination. A lot of it also falls on the usability and the experience of using the product. Even the best idea could fail on execution. So I am hoping we have enough time to iterate a couple of times over the next few weeks. I especially like how well my team works together. All of us have very different strengths that compliments the weakness of others. I think that's exceptionally crucial for a well functioning team. I hope that we can bring splinkit beyond the classroom and I hope the team have the same dream to do that too.

1 comment:

  1. I keep thinking that you are Kai but after reading this I realized you're actually Jay. >.<

    Not surprising that you're spending more time on 3216 than on biz mods.. product development takes a lot of time. But at the end it's very satisfying right? Having something that people will use?

    Congrats on getting Min on board. That's no easy task. ;)

    ReplyDelete