Sunday, August 19, 2012

The team


The first class of CS3216 was very enjoyable, logistical issues aside, majority of the time was given to the class to showcase our “talents”. This is a fantastic way for us to place an impression onto each individual in class. Since we have to break out into groups and start work immediately, this helps me identify who I would like to work with. 

After a few meeting with my group mates, I am blown away by how technically competent each of them are. Each of them has a truck load of experience that well equips them to develop the first assignment. Being the only business student in the group, I have to find a balance for my role in the group dynamics and to contribute to the team. Thus I made sure that I contributed as much as I could during the brain storming stage and to ensure that everybody has a clear idea of what the final product should be. As a consumer of application, I am surprised how much thought goes into building every single detail of the user interface!  So far the strategy has been going well, as soon as the actual coding starts, my role in the team will yet again evolve into something else. I look forward to working even more with my teammates!

The workshop on Saturday was well planned and had achieved it’s objective of introducing several key tools that programmers need in this course. The AWS portion was very clear and the instructions were listed down step by step, very helpful for a first timer. For the other sections, the concepts started to get a little technical and I could only listen and try to digest the information. Of the tools listed, I find that I am more interested in the front end development such as Javascript, HTML and CSS. Lets hope I can squeeze out some time this semester to start reading up on it!


3 comments:

  1. There is a hands-on HTML, CSS and JS workshop this coming Saturday! We'll be covering Photoshop basics in the workshop before that, and if things go as planned, we'll teach you how to convert that design from Photoshop/Jpeg into HTML and CSS. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds fantastic! I am looking forward to it already!

    Thanks Awesome TA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great time with the workshop. :D We have another workshop coming up on Saturday covering presentation skills, HTML, CSS, Photoshop and lots of other cool stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete